Got You Where I Want You
Title: GOT YOU WHERE I WANT YOU
Catalog #: TBL373555
Release Date: 2020-03-18 Primary Artist: Hellusin8 Primary Genre: Hip Hop/Rap Secondary Genre: Underground Rap Explicit Content: Yes Record Label: The Brimstone Lab
0:00 / 2:40
Snake Eyes Da Great
Exclusive interview with Hellusin8
1. How long have you been in the music business and how did you get started in the first place?
34 years recording rhymes to my moms' instrumentals while she was gone
2. Who were the first musical influences that you can remember?
Run DMC, Ice T, N.W.A., Slayer, and anything anti-establishment
3. Besides The Brimstone Lab, What artists are you currently listening to?
Slayer, B.D.P., South Central Cartel
4. Where did the moniker/stage name Hellusin8 come from?
5. What are your thoughts on visual media and Youtube? Do you have any videos published for fans to see?
Its a gift and a curse and yes I have videos
6. Which do you ultimately prefer? Rocking a live audience or creating songs in a studio environment?
7. Tell us something about your lyrics and music production on your releases. Which part of these processes do you handle personally, and which do you outsource, if any?
The production that I select inspires my lyrics. I do all the writing and my producers handle the production.
8 What is the title of your latest music release and where can fans find it?
All major digital platforms
9. Who did you collaborate with on your latest release and what do you think makes this recording special and a must-have for fans of the genre?
King Gordy. Originality
10. Which ingredient do you think makes you special and unique as a performing artist in a genre thriving with newcomers?
11. Which aspect of being an independent artist and the music-making process excites you most and which aspect discourages you most?
Having creative control, ownership of my own publishing and masters and lack of a budget is what discourage me.
12. Do you have a management team to advise you or do you control everything by yourself?
A little of both
13. How do you achieve your sound? Do you work from a private recording environment or do you use a commercial sound studio?
14. The best piece of advice in this business you actually followed so far, and one you didn’t follow, but now know for sure that you should have?
15. How did you team up with The Brimstone Lab record label?
we go back 30 plus years
16. Do you consider the Internet and all the social media websites, as fundamental to your career, and indie music in general?
17. If someone has never heard your music, which keywords would you personally use to describe your overall sound and style?
Angry Dark Political
18. Straight off the top of your head, how would you describe the current state of the Hip-hop, R&B and Rap industry in general?
19. As you work your way through your career, which more than any other fires-up your imagination – A Grammy award, Platinum music sales or any other tangible milestone?
I want to be a major independent
20. What is the ONE thing you are NOT willing or prepared to do EVER, in your quest to achieve a successful musical career?
Sell my Soul
Interview by Snake Eyes Da Great
20 QUESTIONS from Snake Eyes Da Great